Dec 2, 2008

U.S. and us

(Dedicated to all my friends in INDIA with a VISA and waiting to travel to US)

Hey Dudes,

Let me tell you few things before letting you read through this.

First, what makes me eligible to write this? ‘Coz am in US for the past 6 months.

Next, Why do I write this? Cos I felt I have to say what I see here to those who haven’t seen it.

Last but not least, What is it all about? Is it something about N-deal??? Or, is it about First Black President of US??? Or is it about the economic crisis happening all around the world which started from US??? No… It’s not about any of these serious stuffs… It’s all about the differences between U.S and us (India) and some other things I’ve noticed in US which I feel worth mentioning.

The first different thing I experienced and noticed here is the relation between “Travel & Time”. On one fine day, May 25th 2008, Midnight 2.00 AM, I started my journey to the ‘Big Brother’ of the world – United States of America. After 26 hours of travel, I reached US on May 25th evening 7.00 PM. After traveling 26 hours, I reached US on the same day I left from India. Weird isn’t it? Anyway, I am happy that at least in this US is behind us. J

U.S. Promotes regional language. Yes, I have seen people talking in pure Tamil without mixing even a single English word here. Of course, they do it only when the intention is not to let people around them to understand what they are talking. Even a single English word will give them a clue so you can see pure language. Fun apart, US makes people realize the importance of their own regional language. If not, why a person who didn’t even bother to read Tamil books in India joins a “Tamil sangam” at New York or Texas or Chicago. Not just Tamil, I see every other regional languages of India getting value here.



Mother India and Uncle Sam(Personification of US, in case if you dont know who Sam is) are different in so many ways. Obviously they should be, being on the opposite sides of earth, how could they be same? In my upcoming posts, let me tell you few other differences I have seen here.

12 comments:

  1. Good Write up da!!

    //(Dedicated to all my friends in INDIA with a VISA and waiting to travel to US)
    Then it is not for me

    //Uncle Sam
    appo aunty yaru Ayesha Begama (adhan Boss IRAQ)

    //U.S. Promotes regional language
    U.S doent promote regional language! may be it is done by the Regional Peoples there!! But you are not Promoting it.. You are writing in English and not in Tamil!! eppudi ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. //(Dedicated to all my friends in INDIA with a VISA and waiting to travel to US)
    Then it is not for me //
    Naan podhuva sonnen...

    //Uncle Sam
    appo aunty yaru Ayesha Begama (adhan Boss IRAQ)//
    satham pottu pesadha... oorukulla kalavaram vara pogudhu

    //U.S. Promotes regional language
    U.S doent promote regional language! may be it is done by the Regional Peoples there!! But you are not Promoting it.. You are writing in English and not in Tamil!! eppudi ?//
    ellorukum puriyanumna aangilam than payan padutha vendiyirukku... enna panrathu??? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Well written Saravana:))

    \Even a single English word will give them a clue so you can see pure language\

    LOL:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog......and commenting in my post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please...........remove this WORD VERIFICATION, just a friendly suggestion:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. \Can you please...........remove this WORD VERIFICATION, just a friendly suggestion:)\

    Done... no more word verification

    ReplyDelete
  7. \Very Well written Saravana:))\

    Thanks for your comments...

    ReplyDelete
  8. //ellorukum puriyanumna aangilam than payan padutha vendiyirukku... enna panrathu???

    சார் உங்க சேவை தமிழுக்கு தேவை!!! Your English writing is itself good, Keep writing!!
    But you can also open a Tamil blog Separately with this blogged ID!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute one da... Waiting for the next Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne enna idhu chinna pula thanama.


    Annalum indha payanukula ennamo olinjirukudhu paren.

    ReplyDelete
  11. //Annalum indha payanukula ennamo olinjirukudhu paren.

    சத்தம் போட்டு சொல்லாதீங்கய்யா, அப்புறம் டிடெக்டரை தூக்கிட்டு வந்துர போறாய்ங்க .

    ReplyDelete
  12. After 26 hours of travel, I reached US on May 25th evening 7.00 PM. After traveling 26 hours, I reached US on the same day I left from India. //

    நானும் இதை நினைத்து சிரித்திருக்கிறேன். நானும் ஒரு ஞாயிறு 01.50 பிளேனல பிடிச்சு இரவு 8 மணி வாக்கில் மேடிசன் வந்து சேர்ந்தேன். நல்ல பதிவு. வாழ்த்துகள் செந்தில்

    ReplyDelete